MAHILA SARVA SIKSHA ABHIYAN
HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE GIRL STUDENT – A JOINT INITIATIVE OF THE INDIAN EMBASSY IN ABU DHABI AND MANIPAL UNIVERSITY,DUBAI CAMPUS
The main objective of the scholarship is to promote higher education of the girl student in the UAE. The scholarship aims to support meritorious girl students who have financial constraints but are keen to pursue higher education. The specific objectives of the proposed scholarship are mentioned below:
• Meet the millennium development goals by promoting higher education for girls
• Sensitize the community to empower the girl child
• Enhance the enrollment of the girl student in Universities
• Promote the wellbeing of girls
Indian Embassy in the UAE in collaboration with Manipal University, Dubai Campus proposes three (03) Annual scholarships for girl students who have financial constraints but wish to seek admission in undergraduate degree level programs in Manipal University, Dubai Campus. The scholarship would entail full fee waiver for the entire duration of the program, for one girl student each in Bachelor of Engineering, BBA and Interior Design Course. The scholarship would be effective from September 2016.
1. The girl student must hold an Indian Passport
2. One girl per family is eligible to apply for the scholarship
3. Family income should be less than AED 100,000 per annum
4. The girl student should secure a minimum aggregate of 80% in HSC / ISC / State Board or any other grade 12 qualifying exam
5. The girl student applying for the scholarship should be below 21 years on the date of filing the application.
6. The duly filled form, complete in all respects, along with scanned attested copies of the certificates are required to be submitted as attachments.
IMPLEMENTATION FRAMEWORK AND TIMELINE:
The eligible candidates can download the prescribed application forms from the website of The Indian Embassy, Abu Dhabi or from the website of Manipal University, Dubai Campus. The completed applications may be handed over to the Education Wing of the Indian Embassy in Abu Dhabi on or before 20 th July, for each ensuing academic year.
The candidates would be shortlisted by the Indian Embassy in Abu Dhabi and called for an interview by 10th August or earlier. The interview panel would consist of Ambassador of India to the UAE or his nominees and CEO / Academic President of Manipal University Dubai or their nominees. The candidates selected during the interview would be offered scholarship. The scholarship letter would be issued from the Indian Embassy in Abu Dhabi with a copy marked to the office of the Academic President of Manipal University, Dubai Campus
On the basis of the scholarship letter, Manipal University, Dubai Campus will issue an Admission Order. The selected beneficiaries would be expected to complete their registration in each of the three courses on or before 20 th August.
The desired outcome of the scholarship is to improve the educational status of girls and enhance the value of a daughter both within the family and in the community at large.