The Medical visa is admissible to all foreign nationals seeking Medicare in recognized specialty hospitals or treatment centres in India. Although non exhaustive, following illustrative list of serious ailments would be of primary consideration; neuro-surgery; ophthalmic disorders; heart related problems; renal disorders; organ transplantations; plastic surgery; joint replacement etc.
Visa Applicants need to apply online at http://www.indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/ signed print out of the application form, Please submit at BLS centre (http://www.blsindiavisa-uae.com/) along with:
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Passport in original with photocopies of its first five pages
- A referral letter or preliminary medical advice from the Abu Dhabi or Al Ain hospital, recommending specialized medical treatment abroad.
- Letter from the medical hospital in India, indicating appointment or showing willingness to undertake treatment.
- Attendant/family members of the patient coming to India for medical treatment shall be granted Miscellaneous visa co-terminus with the ‘Medical Visa’ of the patient. Such visa may be granted to the spouse/ children or to those who have blood relations with the patient.
- Foreign nationals visiting on ‘Medical visa’ of more than 180 days will be required to get themselves registered within the period of 14 days of arrival in India with the concerned FRROs/ FROs.
The initial period of such a visa will be six months or for the period of treatment, however, in case the duration if visa is more than 180 days, applicants are required to get themselves registered within 14 days of arrival in India with the concerned FRROs/ FROs. Unlike the tourist visa, this can be extended in India, with supporting Medical documents.
General Informationon Foreignnational Intending to Visit India for Commissioning of Surrogacy
Appropriate Visa Category for commissioning of Surrogacy is Medical Visa and not of any other types including Tourist visa.
- Basic requirements would remain the same as is laid down for Medical Visa.
- Additionally, the foreign man and woman should be duly married and the marriage should have sustained at least for two years.
- A letter from the embassy of UAE (or foreign country concerned) in India or the Foreign Ministry of the country should be enclosed with the Visa application stating clearly that
- The country recognizes Surrogacy
- The child /children to be born to the commissioning couple through the Indian Surrogate mother will be permitted entry into their country as biological child/children of the couple commissioning surrogacy.
- The couple should furnish an undertaking that they would take care of the child/ children born through surrogacy.
- The treatment should be done only at one of the registered ART clinics recognized by ICMR.
- The couple should produce a duly notarized agreement between the applicant couple and the prospective Indian surrogate mother.
If any of the above conditions are not fulfilled Visa application shall be rejected.
Before leaving India, ‘Exit’ permission from FRRO/FRO would be required. The foreign couple should also get a certificate before exit from ART clinic concerned regarding the fact that the child/children have been duly taken custody of by them and that the liabilities towards Indian surrogate mother have been fully discharged as per the agreement.