There have been some instances when NRIs have been found carrying large amount of cash in the form of Indian Currency while visiting India and faced problem at airport. In some cases the Currency being carried by NRIs has even been found to be counterfeit. There is misconception that NRIs are allowed to carry Indian currency back to India. According to the Baggage Rules, it is only Indian nationals normally residents in India who can carry upto Rs 7,500/- in Indian Currency back after their visit abroad. Therefore, NRIs staying in United Arab Emirates are advised to avoid carrying Indian Currency while visiting India.
- Indian Workers Resource Centre 24x7 Toll Free Helpline800 46342
- BLS Helpline for Passport and Visa04 2555530
- Women/ Housemaids in Distress024447769
- Death Formality During and After Office Hours02 4492700
- IVS Global Helpline for Attestation of Documents/Affidavits02 4456994
- Inquiry on Verification of Certificates024492700/Ext. 240
024494982 Labour 024494975