Indian expatriate community is reportedly the largest ethnic community in UAE constituting roughly about 30 per cent of the country’s population. Though most of the Indians living here are employed, about 10 per cent of the Indian population is the dependent family members. Among the Indian States, Kerala is the most represented followed by Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. However, Indians from the Northern States, all put together, also form significant portion of the UAE Indian population. Both the Indian Embassy and the Consulate in Dubai have a separate Wing to cater to the needs of the Indian community. This Wing also attends to issues like repatriation, settlement of labour disputes and taking up issues with the concerned State Governments back in India.
- Indian Workers Resource Centre 24x7 Toll Free Helpline800 46342
- BLS Helpline for Passport and Visa04 2555530
- Women/ Housemaids in Distress024447769
- Death Formality During and After Office Hours02 4492700
- IVS Global Helpline for Attestation of Documents/Affidavits02 4456994
- Inquiry on Verification of Certificates024492700/Ext. 240
024494982 Labour 024494975