- e-Tourist Visa (eTV) has been made available by the Government of India to citizens of certain countries, including the United Arab Emirates. Details of the scheme are available on the dedicated website created for this purpose: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html. International Travellers, whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit may apply for eTV.
- Citizens of the eligible countries can apply online for eTV (twice a year, each visit not exceeding 30 days, visa duration non-extendable) which shall be granted through email. The applicant should carry a print of this email and can travel to India through 9 designated international airports (Bangalore, Chennai, Kochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Thiruvananthapuram). The eTV scheme entails capture of biometric data of the visitor on arrival at the airport.
- Applicants of the eligible countries may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example: If you are applying on 1st September then you can select arrival date from 5th September to 4th October.
- Applicants requiring help may call the helpline number (+91-11-24300666) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries in connection with applying for eTV.
- The earlier TVOA scheme which included 12 countries (Cambodia, Finland, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Luxemburg, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Republic of Korea) has been discontinued, and only the new eTV scheme described above is now available.
- Please visit the eTV website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html for complete details of the scheme.
- The eTV facility is in addition to the existing Visa services being provided through Indian Embassies and Consulates.
- Indian Workers Resource Centre 24x7 Toll Free Helpline800 46342
- BLS Helpline for Passport and Visa04 2555530
- Women/ Housemaids in Distress024447769
- Death Formality During and After Office Hours02 4492700
- IVS Global Helpline for Attestation of Documents/Affidavits02 4456994
- Inquiry on Verification of Certificates024492700/Ext. 240
02-4491387 Labour 02-4494975