1) Former EAM Shri S.M. Krishna led the Indian Delegation at the 10th session of the India-UAE Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) for Economic and Technical Cooperation which took place in Abu Dhabi on April 15-16, 2012. EAM also participated in the regional HOM’s meetings that took place on April 13-14 in the Indian Embassy.
2) Hon’ble Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs and Civil Aviation, Mr Vayalar Ravi, Union and Mr. Saqr Ghobash Saeed Ghobash, Minister of Labour of United Arab Emirates signed a revised Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on manpower on September 26, 2020
3) The UAE Minister of Foreign Affairs, HE Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan paid an official visit to New Delhi on June 26-27, 2011 during which he met Hon’ble Vice President, Shri Mohd. Hamid Ansari, Hon’ble Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, and Hon’ble External Affairs Minister, Shri S.M. Krishna.
4) Former President of India, Smt Pratibha Patil paid a state visit to the UAE from November 22 to 25, 2010. During the visit she met the President of the UAE and Ruler of Abu Dhabi. Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai called on her. President Patil addressed the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce & Industry, the Dubai, Chamber of Commerce And Industry, the India Trade and Exhibition Centre, Sharjah, the Dubai International Academic City and the Indian community at the Indian Social Center, Abu Dhabi. The President also launched the IWRC in Dubai and inaugurated the Indian Islamic Centre in Abu Dhabi.
1) Talk by Ms Shehnaz Hussain, pioneer and one of the leading entrepreneurs in the Indian fashion and beauty industry was organized by the Indian Embassy at the Embassy auditorium in May 2013.
2) A three day film festival was organized from April 19-21, 2012 in the Embassy auditorium screening award winning art-house Indian cinema for the UAE viewers.
3) Three day retrospective of films of the legendary Indian filmaker and screenwriter Shyam Benegal in the Embassy auditorium was organized in October 2012. During his visit Mr. Benegal also addressed the students in the New York University.
4) A seminar on ‘Arab –Indo relations through the ages in History, Art & Culture’ (with special emphasis on UAE) in collaboration with Culture & Media Centre for H.H. Sheikh Sultan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, H.H. the President’s Representative from on November 22-23, 2011 was organized in Abu Dhabi. Over dozen Indian, Arab and Emirati speakers participated at the event.
5) Cultural Wing commenced on December 18, 2020 yoga classes at Indian Embassy auditorium on December 18, 2010. The chief guest of this very special occasion was Dr. K. Ellangovan, Counsellor Community Affairs- Indian Embassy, Abu Dhabi. Other dignitaries include Mr. Thomas Varghese – Honorary President, India Social & Cultural Centre (ISC) and Mr. Ramesh Panicker- Honorary General Secretary, ISC Abu Dhabi. The programme started with lighting of the lamp followed by the performance showcasing invocation to Lord Ganesha. A classical dance was also presented by young artists of the choreographer Mrs. Asha Nair. The yoga teacher cum fitness expert, Mrs. Sandhya Dixit delivered a talk about importance of yoga and accompanied by a student Ms. Ramya, demonstrated various forms of asanas followed by fusion dance titled “Samanvaya” which is a combination of Yoga and Indian classical dance.
6) Instrumental music and dance performance evening titled “Ithu Oru Ponmaalai Pozhuthu”, which was a felicitation to Padmashree S.P. Balasubrahmanyan was organized on December 10, 2020 by Cultural Wing in collaboration with Bharathi for Friendship, at National Theatre, Abu Dhabi. S.P. Balasubramanyan is a veteran singer, who has been associated with the Indian film industry for the past thirty years. He has sung over 39,000 songs, in five different Indian languages. He was presented with a number of National and State award as a music director and actor. The guest speaker was Director, Mr. Bharathiraja. There was a colorful cultural show of dance presented by the students of Natananjali followed by instrumental music.
7) Chidren’s day 2010: In collaboration with Abu Dhabi Indian School organized a painting competition on the occasion of Children’s Day by the Cultural Wing. The competition was open to four groups: Classes 1 to 4, Classes 5 to 7, Classes 8 to 10, Classes 11 and 12 at the Abu Dhabi Indian School. Nearly 1000 students participated from different Indian schools in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Ajman, Dubai and Sharjah.
8) A dance recital choreographed by classical dancer Asha Nair at the New York University of Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) on the occasion of Diwali on November 6, 2010.
9) The Cultural Wing in collaboration with Telugu Kalasravanthi organized on November 6, 2020 a Telugu Ghazal evening by “Maestro” Dr. Ghazal Srinivas at Indian Embassy auditorium. Dr. Kesiraju Srinivas popularly known as Ghazal Srinivas is an Indian classical vocalist and Pioneer of art of Telugu Ghazal singing. He has set Two Guinness world records and Limca record by singing ghazals on Gandhism in 125 world languages.